Don’t google Sexy Ghost.
Don’t google Sexy Ghost.
ohhhhh I’m a ghost…. I’m scary
So was the entire thing scripted? Cause only Hiddelston would use those words
I’m going back to college like this.
A new children’s show called “Burka Avenger” premieres in Pakistan next month. It features a female superhero in a fictional northern Pakistani town, and two regular villains meant to reflect the reality in Pakistan; a corrupt government official and an evil magician styled to look and feel like a Taliban commander. The show was created by Pakistani pop star Haroon Rashid.
Our protagonist is a mild-mannered teacher with secret martial arts skills who uses a flowing black burka to hide her identity as she fights local thugs seeking to shut down the girls’ school where she works.
Sadly, it’s a battle Pakistanis are all too familiar with in the real world.
The Taliban have blown up hundreds of schools and attacked activists in Pakistan’s northwest because they oppose girls’ education. The militants sparked worldwide condemnation last fall when they shot 15-year-old schoolgirl activist Malala Yousafzai in the head in an unsuccessful attempt to kill her.
Action in the “Burka Avenger” cartoon series, which is scheduled to start running on Geo TV in early August, is much more lighthearted. The bungling bad guys evoke more laughter than fear and are no match for the Burka Avenger, undoubtedly the first South Asian ninja who wields books and pens as weapons.
The animation is kind of dodgy in places and the narration is a bit overwrought, but all things considered, this is pretty damn fantastic.
^ Heroes we need.
"BURKA AVENGER," GUYS
DO I NEED TO SAY MORE
i like this but i don’t fully understand it…
you don’t understand how sad this is. each adult is a cross, and each child has been crucified by said cross.
- the priest (i assume he’s a priest, correct me if i’m wrong) killed the little boy in one way or another, probably rape, which is common among corrupted clergy men.
- the tourist comes to an overcrowded, poverty stricken country, taking up any and all resources that could have gone to the little native girl
- the soldier comes to fight for his country, but ends up killing the innocent girl, probably in her village.
- the little boy dies under the doctor’s knife
- the man kills the little girl in a school shooting (represented with the uniform)
- the “fat” kid is killed by obesity caused by a fast food epidemic in america, most commonly mcdonald’s, shown by ronald mcdonald himself.
this is /haunting/ to look at. children can die at anyone’s hand. even the “heros”
Erik Ravelo / F A B R I C A 2012
Creative Direction and Concept: Erik Ravelo
Photo: Erik Ravelo / Enrrico Bossan
Post production: Erik Ravelo
The Right to Childhood
Should be Protected.
Images and concept protected by the law
2012 F A B R I C A.